Natural Looking Dental Implants in Cranbrook
Sometimes, the best solution for unhealthy teeth is to replace them. When this happens, we offer the option of dental implants in Cranbrook. Dental implants work by affixing a titanium post into the jawbone via surgery. This titanium post essentially replaces the tooth root. One of the main advantages of a dental implant, as opposed to a denture or a bridge, is that a dental implant is both permanent and self-sustaining. In other words, a dental implant does not come in and out of the mouth the way a denture does, and does not need to be affixed to the teeth around it, as in the case of a bridge. If this is an option you would like a consultation about, contact our team at Cranbrook Family Dental.
THE BENEFITS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
With so many options to choose from, it can be difficult to determine the right option for you. Here are some benefits in getting dental implants:
- Strong jawbone: Implants are the only treatment that stimulates bone growth. Other restorations, such as dentures, let the jawbone deteriorate. Titanium is a very biocompatible metal.
- No decay: Our natural teeth can fail because of wear and tear, gum disease, or cavities. On the other hand, titanium implants cannot decay like natural teeth. However, good oral hygiene is still important to protect the gums near the implants.
- Biting power: Dental implants restore your biting power. Your bite strength with implants allows you to eat what you love without having to worry about the problems of teeth shifting and pain. In this regard too, implants are much better than dentures and bridges.
- They can last a long time: Dental implants can potentially last for the rest of your life. You only need to take care of them with brushing, flossing and regular check-ups.
- Safe for adjacent teeth: Implants do not affect the health of adjacent natural teeth, whereas a partial denture may cause those teeth to loosen over time. Dental implants do not need support from adjacent natural teeth.
- Better speech: Your elocution will be much improved because of the greater stability that implants provide in comparison to dentures. You will be able to clearly articulate your words, people will understand you better, and you will have a better social life.
- Ease of maintenance: Unlike removable dentures, implants do not need to be removed to be cleaned. The daily care of dental implants is very similar to the care of natural teeth.
Perhaps the best benefit is that implants harmonize very well with your smile. If you are thinking about getting dental implants, contact us to schedule a consultation with Dr D. Eric Nelson at Cranbrook Family Dental today.