Reliable Orthodontic Treatment in Cranbrook
At Cranbrook Family Dental, we provide orthodontics to people of all ages to enhance their smile and oral health. Having straight beautiful teeth can provide many lifetime benefits, no matter if you’re young or old. If you have been looking for dependable orthodontics in Cranbrook, get in touch with us today.
The benefits of orthodontic treatment can truly last a lifetime making it a great investment at any age. Some of these benefits include:
- Positive psychological effects: It can profoundly impact how you feel about yourself and the confidence and self-esteem that you carry with you through your daily life.
- Healthier teeth and gums: This is possible since straight teeth eliminate the hard-to-reach places in your mouth that are tough to brush and floss. This can reduce your risk of developing cavities and periodontal (gum) disease over time.
- Alignment of your jaws and bite: Orthodontics can improve your jaw and bite alignment that improves their ability to chew and function properly. The proper function of this complex system of jaw joints and muscles allow them to work in harmony and comfort.
Reduced wear and tear of your teeth: Wear and tear can cause weak, fragile, severely worn, or even broken teeth as well as the loss of supporting bone and gum tissue caused by unhealthy amounts of forces or stress placed on them. Orthodontics reduce that.
What Problems Can Orthodontics Treat?
Orthodontics can treat a wide range of dental problems and in most cases, completely realign the teeth. Orthodontists may work in combination with a maxillofacial surgeon to correct one’s overbite. The typical irregularities requiring orthodontic treatments:
- Overcrowding: An overcrowded mouth means there is insufficient space within the jaw for all of the adult teeth to fit naturally. Overcrowding may lead to displaced, rotated or completely misaligned teeth.
- Overbite: An overbite refers to the protrusion of the maxilla (upper jaw) relative to the mandible (lower jaw). An overbite gives the smile a “toothy” appearance and the chin looks like it has receded.
- Underbite: An underbite, also known as a negative underjet, refers to the protrusion of the mandible (lower jaw) in relation to the maxilla (upper jaw). An underbite makes the chin look overly prominent. Developmental delays and genetic factors generally cause underbites and overbites.
We're Here to Help
It is often the case that children – and adults! – need braces to correct their bad bites or misaligned teeths. There are a number of different types of bad bites, such as overbites, cross bites, overjet, and more. Luckily, at Cranbrook Family Dental we assist you in finding the right solution for your or your child’s teeth.
Contact us today to book an examination or appointment!